Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Camp, Hike, Backpack Theme Day on SAC

My kids have theme days at school. Green day, crazy hair day (their favorite), different shoe day, hat day, pajama day, anything the principal can come up with day.

In keeping with my kids school of regular theme days, tomorrow is another theme day from the kids over there at SteepAndCheap.com. (They actually occupy a few desks in the corner so they aren't that far away).

The theme is Camp Hike Backpack. You know the drill: 24 Hours of Backpacking and Hiking Deals so good you'll have no reason why at the end of Wednesday you're not geared up for summer adventure.

Want to know how long 24 hours is. Last weekend it took me and a few crazy friends 23 hours to go from Badwater, Death Valley at -248' below sea level to the top of Telescope Peak at 11,049' in order to ski down it. We covered over 18 miles one way and thanks to some poor beta on the location of a flowing stream we added a few more thousand feet to the adventure, coming up with just over 13,000' gained when we hit the summit. It was a sufferfest.

(That shirt was a SAC score)

I have a feeling watching 24 hours of SAC deals will be much more enjoyable and painless no matter how much you light up your credit card.

Go ahead, take the day off. Kick back with a cool frosty beverage and nab yourself a pile of camp, hike and backpack deals. You've got my permission.

If you can't take the day off get yourself one of the desktop alerts set up so you don't miss a deal.

Labels:

2 comments

2 Comments:

Blogger Rís said...

hi… pablo carey here. like your blog. I have started one recently as I am considering giving up the gargle. come to my site and answer a quick, three question survey.

3/19/2008 3:55 PM

 
Blogger AudreyO said...

I found your blog through Blogs of Note. You've got great photos. I love winter photos. Living in Santa Barbara, we just don't have those scenes here.

3/19/2008 7:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home