Tuesday, March 18, 2008

VIO POV video with Sage Cattabriga-Alosa

The VIO POV.1 video camera on sale at Backcountry.comdesire for helmet and POV (point of view) video footage has gone through the roof lately. Just about every action sports video including mountain bike, mbx, skateboard, ski, kite-boarding, and others include some sort of POV footage that puts you and me in the cockpit.

Of all the cameras out there the V.I.O. POV.1 Camera Package is the mac-daddy. It shoots at a 720 x 480 resolution at 30fps.

Backcountry.com teamed up with V.I.O. and Teton Gravity Research to put together a quick little sampler that shows Backcountry.com Athlete Sage Cattabriga-Alosa ripping big lines in Alaska with the POV. Check it out.



Sage wrote the following gear review for the V.I.O POV.1:

I've been using this pov set up for a while now and I love it, its easy to use, waterproof, durable and captures your unique perspective. It uses AA batteries and I found that re-chargeable last way longer and you don't have to throw anything away. the quality is better than ever and the wireless remote is super handy and easy to use. I carry the unit in my pocket so a back pack isn't necessary all the time. 2 gig card gives you 90min of rec time which Ive yet to max out in a big day.

Check out Sage using the V.I.O. POV.1 while riding his mountain bike this past fall. Just as impressive...if not more. You decide.

Labels:

2 comments

2 Comments:

Blogger creating my life said...

these guys are just awesome in their madness.

3/20/2008 5:12 AM

 
Blogger HECTIC SINGLE TRACKS (JB) said...

Cool video. I'd love to ride that trail. Where is it? What's the name of that trail? Thanks.

3/04/2009 10:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home