Tuesday, October 23, 2007

And The Chaco Summertime Z Contest Winner is....

Doug Becker and his super Chaco Z tan
Doug Becker! Doug's Chaco Z tan was enough to win without controversy. I'm sure Chaco is proud to call you one of the family. Garnering 5 first place votes from the 7 judges he ran away with the contest. Doug will receive a new pair of Chaco's and $25 to spend at Backcountry.com

Also receiving first place votes were Rob Story and Anneka Door.

And for the Runner Up, winning $25 at Backcountry.com is....Kelsey Smith! Kelsey's Chaco Z tan was the product of a summer in Uganda. From the photo below it looks like she picked up some good foot grime as well.

Kelsey Smith - African Chaco Z tan with dirty feet on a bus...to go!
Kelsey won by a slim margin. She received 3 votes for Runner Up while Wendi Chang received 2 votes and Rob Story and Doug Becker each receiving 1 vote.

A big shout out to Chaco for their support of this contest and to all those that entered. Each person that sent in a photo got a 20% off discount code to Backcountry.com as my way of saying "thanks" for being part of the Backcountry.com community.

Given the success of this contest we'll be hosting another photo contest next month so stay tuned. In the meantime, have some great adventures and may the Z be with you.

Labels: ,

3 comments

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beaten!!...but by worthy competition for sure. Thanks to the one person who voted for me!

Also, thanks to the Backcountry Blog for hosting the competition. I look forward to more in the future, keep up the good work!

10/24/2007 8:14 AM

 
Blogger Adam Buchanan said...

Rob, I liked your entry. Some serious hardcore tanning going on there. I got your back. I will have to work on mine next summer, I had to squint to see any lines on my feet.

10/24/2007 11:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, What about some snow Chacos ?

I have a picture with my sandals (Source, not chacos though) on Franz Josef Glacier in New Zealand !

we went to a Heli hike for free, and we had to get on the van in 1 minute, with no time to change.

1/15/2009 11:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home