Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Ullr is nowhere near the Sahara - Day 3

Ullr, bless him, is considered by skiers as the God of skiing. As each winter nears in some circles skiers reference the first snow as a blessing from Ullr. What does this have to do with Day Three of the Sahara Desert Race? Well, suffice it to say that Ullr is nowhere near the Sahara but I'm sure the 100+ racers wish he'd make a guest appearance.

Temps today were 51 C which is around 125 F. Yep, pretty damn hot.

From Tony Bammer's journal (a competitor)
Haven't changed my shorts since I started. Having to sleep outside. My tent mates don't like me in there any more...After my 13 hour hump yesterday, couldn't sleep. We decided to have a sandstorm. Tent nearly fell down. I'd be lucky if I got two hours in. I have no idea what keeps me going...Setting off at 5:30 in the morning. Oh joy
Ullr, please help them.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home