Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Tony Hawk + department store = brand implosion?

Tony Hawk, my boyhood skateboard idol, is teaming up with Kohl's department stores in an exclusive partnership which will allow Kohl's to source, manage and retail a new line of Hawk clothing that Quiksilver will design.

In the short term this will likely increase sales of Hawk clothing which is exactly the kind of results that Wall Street wants to see from two publicly traded companies, but in the long term my man Tony may be dabbling in mainstream muck. I'm sure they'll design some cool clothing but a dept store as an exclusive distributor? Although I'm skeptical and my gut tells me otherwise, I'm going to give Tony the benefit of the doubt on this move. We'll see if he lands this trick.

The Full Story

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home