Friday, June 08, 2007

Otter Body Experience - Two Dougs and The Grand Teton

I really dig the people I'm lucky enough to work with each day. Today I received this e-mail from one of them:
You have probably seen this but it is worth another viewing
http://www.thesnaz.com/otter-body-experience/
Yep, I had seen it. A couple of times in fact. In this video Doug Workman and the late, great Doug Coombs are climbing the Ford Coulior and then ski descend the Otter Body on The Grand Teton.

While I watched it for what I think was the 3rd or 4th time I was caught up in thought about my ambitions in the mountains and re-realized that it is true - I'm a lifer.

Middle Teton in the morning sunlight
Perhaps you too have come to a similar realization. Like me, you may have had this happen multiple times before. It could have come during mile 11 of a long trail run, while watching the morning sunrise on top of a Colorado 14'er, on the 15th pitch of the Nose, while driving to Joshua Tree for the 20th time this year, or perhaps doing something as simple as watching a mountain hero of yours ski a mountain you've climbed multiple times and dreamed about skiing yourself. Whatever the moment is, when it happens there is something that inside you confirms the realization, as if your heart nods to your mind that indeed it is true. You are a lifer and nothing will ever change that.

Hows' the saying go, "You can take the kid out of the mountains but you can't take the mountains out of the kid"? (insert anything you do in the outdoors for mountains if you haven't already)

I'm sure that nothing could take the passion I have for climbing and skiing mountains out of me. Move me to Kansas (oh heaven forbid), burn my garage down with all my gear, empty my wallet and all my accounts and still I will find a way to get myself into the mountains to climb and ski.

powstash on the summit of The Grand TetonAnd on that note, have a fantastic weekend full of adventure.

Watch the Otter Body Experience ski descent video on thesnaz.com

Labels: ,

3 comments

3 Comments:

Blogger Écorcheur said...

Thanks for mentioning The Otter Body Experience on the blog.

Any chance thesnaz.com could get in your sidebar? Using both stories and video, we cover the Jackson Hole outdoor community and lifestyle, while hopefully offering a few surprises. Thanks!

6/12/2007 4:06 PM

 
Blogger Mike Sharp said...

I second that. The Snaz and Teton AT would make for a couple of good additions.

6/20/2007 12:12 AM

 
Blogger powstash said...

David and Mike - yea, you're right - The Snaz and Teton AT would be great additions to the sidebar. Considering it done.

Gimme some love in return?

6/20/2007 10:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home