Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Climbing for Kids just around the bend


Well, the last pre Mt. Whitney training hike has been completed. With 45 pounds on my back and a couple of pups by my side, I made my way up and around the Long Gulch/Pioneer Cabin/Corral Creek loop. This eight mile jaunt is breathtaking both figuratively and literally. The trip is all about the views from the historic Haute Route style cabin (circa 1937) located at 9440’ in the Pioneer Mountain Range of Idaho. Just across the classic alpine valley from the cabin are a few of the area’s most spectacular 12,000+/- foot peaks.

With my Climbing for Kids benefit climb up the Mountaineer’s Route of Whitney just four days away, I’m as prepared as I’m going to be. Many thanks to all those who have supported me with my fundraising efforts and provided tips and gear (Backcountry.com plug here) for the trip. I am very grateful for the generosity I’ve seen.

Ciao and thanks again. Trip report soon to come.

Labels: ,

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home