Thursday, November 11, 2004

Who Owns REI?

Seattle Weekly: News: Business: Who Owns REI? by Andy Ryan:

"Rebecca Rundquist, an attorney, went to work at REI's Seattle flagship store during the late 1990s, hoping 'to find an interesting and educational job that allowed me to do quality environmental legal work on a volunteer basis during my free time.' What she found instead was 'a new, corporate priority,' with an emphasis on sales.

'I knew REI was no longer a co-op when employees started getting a bonus every time a customer opened a credit card account. The incentives given from management to employees were clearly all about profit. I started to wonder why I wasn't just selling used cars or working at Nordstrom, there was no difference.'Rundquist quit her job after less than a year. "

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home