Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Adamants

3:15am and the 7 hour after work drive from Squamish is complete. We haven't seen a light or a car for at least an hour and a half since we turned up a road toward Mica Dam just north of Revelstoke, B.C. A small light appears on the hill, and before we know it the mountain chalet of Canadian Mountain Holidays (CMH) Adamants Lodge is right out our windshield. Soft comfy beds, a cookie jar and a hot shower are somehow all waiting for us here in the middle of nowhere.

CMH Adamants Lodge

8 am and the breakfast bell is ringing. Ginger pancakes, fresh OJ, coffee to order, what have I stumbled into?!??! And the helicopter is waiting outside to fly us into our remote glaciated alpine rock climbing heaven? WOW.

Lucky for me I hooked up with my friend Craig McGee who has been a ski guide for CMH for years and has the connections to make this trip possible. Today we will fly in for 11 days of trying our hand at first ascents and free climbs on formations like the Turret:

Communications will be limited from the basin (sat phones for emergencies), but I will be sure to fill you all in when I get back out. Here's crossing my fingers for good rock and great weather...

Labels: , , , ,

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home