Thursday, July 03, 2008

Where's Karl Co-Pilot

Holla! I'm stoked cause I just found out that I'm co-pilot for the Where's Karl tour in early September. He's a big deal, and not just in Japan.

My leg of the tour will take Karl through North Carolina, Tennessee and into Georgia along the Appalachian Trail. My duties will be to blog (easy) about his progress, find food, refuel the rig, give Karl high fives and stuff like that.

My home for 7 days will be the beautifully decorated Where's Karl RV seen below.


Don't know what I'm talking about? Check out the Where's Karl website to get the lowdown on Backcountry.com Athlete Karl Meltzer who is gunning for a speed record to run the entire distance of the Appalachian Trail.

Update - The Western States 100 was to be a prime training run for Karl's Appalachian Trail speed record try. Just 5 weeks until the quest begins. I'm sure he'll find something else to run in lieu of the race being canceled due to the fires in California.

Labels: ,

2 comments

2 Comments:

Blogger sWitt said...

PC,Utah --) GO KARL, GO...

just saw the BC van in the parking lot @ The Canyon's, July 4th eve fireworks show. looked like there
were some backcountry goats on the roof. (looking for Karl?)

sWitt @ meanpony.com

7/04/2008 12:55 AM

 
Blogger powstash said...

Bummer, I missed the fireworks there at The Canyons. How was the Disco Drippers?

There should be a goat sticker dispenser on the side of the van, don't you think?

7/04/2008 1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home