Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Nick Devore Kills a binding mount in Jackson Freesking Open

I had to watch it twice. Nick Devore, Backcountry.com athlete and a crazy sick tele skier stomped a nice clean air and then basically pointed it to the bottom during the superfinals run of the Jackson Freeskiing Open. As he entered the finish area his ski popped off.

But it's not what you think. His Black Diamond telemark binding was still attached to his foot! He had basically skied most of the run with a binding that was about to pull off of the ski. Given the steepness of the venue and the conditions it's no wonder the other competitors and the event announcers were so blown away.

The other competitor's facial expression in the video is priceless. Check it out:



Nick Devore sending a solid air at the Jackson Freeskiing Open compHere's what Nick had to say about the run:
I dropped into my superfinals run, made some turns through the upper moguls and then cut left, droping my first air, I stomped it and hit my second air and droped my knee to make a turn and shut some speed down and there was no tension from my binding, it felt like my binding had gone into walk mode or just broken, so with little time to react I aired my last clif and straightlined toward the finish, I was going super fast and almost exploded multiple times but some how held it together and turned enough to make it through the finish line...
Check out the rest of the story from Nick Devore's blog.

Labels: ,

2 comments

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam Buchanan said...

Mount? Anyone? Can I get a mount?

Very entertaining!

4/01/2008 1:24 PM

 
Blogger Radhika said...

Really like the pics. Very interesting. Do visit my blog radhikahues.blogspot.com to give ur comments pls.

4/02/2008 12:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home