Thursday, January 11, 2007

Getting it Done on Colorado's 14ers

Just got a message in my inbox from Chris Davenport who is trying to complete his project to ski all 54 of Colorado's 14,000' peaks. He's just tagged #50 and #51:

This is just a quick update to let you know I have skied peaks 50 and 51 of my project yesterday and today. Yesterday we skied Little Bear Peak via the Southwest Face to West Ridge and today we skied the fantastic Crestone Needle via the steep and hairy South Couloir. Snow conditions were firm and slippery on Little Bear and soft on the Needle. I'm exhausted at a hotel in Westcliff and will drive home to Aspen tomorrow to write my trip reports and post photos. A big storm is headed our way and I have eleven more days to complete my final three peaks, shavano, Longs, and Blanca (which is totally wind hammered and dry)
I really hope he makes it. What an amazing project and it's getting down to the wire!

Look for his trip reports soon on skithe14ers.com

Image courtesy of Chris Davenport and skithe14ers.com

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home