Thursday, May 11, 2006

Spring Skiing in the West - Timpanogos Glacier

Although the eastern side of the US has all but forgotten the grip of winter there is still plenty of snow in Utah, Wyoming, Colorado other western states to ski. With most of the ski resorts closed only the dedicated or demented, depending on how you look at it, are still anxious to slide on snow.

Mount Timpanogos was so good last week that I had to return. We headed up from Aspen Grove, through Primrose Cirque and up the Timpanogos Glacier. The results? 4500' of perfect corn skiing with clear skies and views for miles.

Looking north towards the Little Cottonwood Ridgeline and beyond with the Timpanogos Glacier in the foreground
Climbing up the Timpanogos Glacier
Skiing the summit ridge saddle - Utah Lake below
Seth skiing on the timpanogos glacier saddle - it's tempting to ski to Provo
Last year I skied my last day on July 1. I'm pretty sure that as long as there is snow nearby, I'll be skiing. I'm not ready to hang up the sticks yet. Are you?

1 comments

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

I want to ski Timp...let me know next time you go!

snowbirdskier@gmail.com

3/18/2008 3:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home