Saturday, May 17, 2008

Beater - T-Shirt of the Month

I'm not quite sure how the first of the month escaped me. But here we are, 17 days into a 31 day month, the first of the month a lost memory. Perhaps then, it's with a pinch of irony that the May T-Shirt of the Month from Backcountry.com is entitled "Beater".

On top of that, while stepping out of my office to take a picture of me wearing the Beater T-shirt I locked myself out. Truly a Beater move.

Rather than the typical 100% organic cotton, this month's shirt is a blended fabric that feels like cotton yet performs like a synthetic. The fabric is built by Sport Science whose shirts have come a long way in the past few years.

When I first put on the shirt it felt soft enough to almost pass for a merino blend. The sizing is a bit off from a traditional cotton tee.

These shirts are a bit larger than the size indicates. I typically wear an XL cotton tee, especially in the 100% organic style that Backcountry.com has been using. In this shirt a Large fits good, while the XL would have been quite baggy.

I'm stoked to be sporting a shirt that is both smart and functional. Now, if only I weren't such a Beater...

Labels:

4 comments

4 Comments:

Blogger testmonkey said...

For those of us that have no idea, Urban Dictionary tells us that a beater is:

A term used at Utah ski areas (Alta, Snowbird) to describe a tourist of inferior skiing ability. This noun was coined due to the distinctive sound made by a skier, tangled in their own equipment, tumbling down a steep ski slope.

5/17/2008 1:31 PM

 
Blogger Tommy Chandler said...

Yes. I'm on Team Beater too. This shirt is pretty sweet, and green.

5/19/2008 8:36 AM

 
Blogger Adam Buchanan said...

do you think we will come out with a one-piece that says beater on it? we could trick the beaters into thinking being a beater is cool....bwhahahaha

5/19/2008 10:34 AM

 
Blogger Going-Up said...

I saw a "beater" down at momentum a few nights ago sending 5.12d on lead effortlessly, I keep running into these "beaters".

6/04/2008 5:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home