Friday, May 16, 2008

My Latest Backcountry Tool

Since moving to Utah two winters ago I have quickly gained an arsenal of equipment for backcountry skiing.  Lighter & fatter skis, skins, AT bindings, beacon, shovel, probe, camelback, backpack, etc.

Me on Mt. Baldy last May thinking, there has got to be a better way...

Yesterday I scored my latest purchase in the form of an ice axe.  I remember being told early this season by a friend that he had started bringing an axe on tours for certain sketchy situations and I laughed at him for trying to be too extreme, but after hiking up the icy East Face of Twin Peaks last Saturday I was convinced.  Just my luck that the Black Diamond Raven Axe popped up for $36 on SAC a couple days later.

Twin Peaks last Saturday, wishing I had an axe...

Hoping that for an overnight refreeze so I can play with my latest toy
...or at least look cool après-ski with it,
Jake

Labels: ,

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home