Friday, May 16, 2008

Backcountry.com Merino Base Layers

For just over a year now Backcountry.com has been producing some technical clothing as well as some Backcountry Merino Crew Base Layer - shirtcasual stuff (like the limited edition tee shirt of the month). If you've missed it or perhaps dismissed it as "logo stuff" you need to take a look at it again.


One tester said, “I’ll wear it until is disintegrates.”


Like any skier, climber, etc I'm critical of the performance clothing I buy and use. Despite working for Backcountry.com I had been suspect of it, but after recently checking out the Merino Crew base layer for myself, I admit that I too am becoming a believer.

I'm not the only one taking notice. The June issue of Backpacker Magazine just landed in our offices. Here's what they had to say about the merino base layers.
After successfully tackling the retail biz, this online shop is now taking on manufacturing: Backcountry.com is making its own brand of competitively priced, lightweight wool baselayer tops.

Both the long sleeve crewneck and zip-T (our favorite) are made of fine merino from New Zealand, which is soft, itch-free, and naturally more odor-resistant tan synthetics…The 18-micron merino is among the softest we’ve tested.
For the rest of the review, go check out the June issue of Backpacker Magazine.

Labels:

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home