Monday, January 22, 2007

Want to Live Longer? Don't Move to Boulder.


If you're asking yourself "what is that?" then we're on the same page. That's exactly what I said. Read it - lean in a bit. Closer...there you go.

What it shows is the overlapping social elements between the three cities in the world with the longest average life span. Sardinia, Italy - Loma Linda, CA/USA - Okinawa, Japan. I can't believe it either, Boulder is not listed on there. Nope, Portland, Oregon neither. [I know it's Monday morning so I'll go easy on you Bouldarians and Oregonians - the previous two sentances were sarcasm. Those are great places to live, so they say]

I can't claim to have found this one on my own. I've been checking out a new blog/website called Outdoorzy.com. It's a growing community of, you guest it, outdoorzy types who post trip reports of all sizes and flavors among other things. And like most things web they've got a blog too. I'll be watching it for the occasional fodder. The quantity of trip report is kinda slim right now but I imagine this too will fill out.

Wondering where the diagram came from? The Full Story at BlueZones.com.

2 comments

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is an insightful diagram to say the least. I am definately going to put a few of those things into practice in my life.

And thanks for recognizing Outdoorzy.com. We're working hard to build a great community of outdoor enthusiasts.

1/22/2007 10:53 AM

 
Blogger powstash said...

I actually thought about that diagram last night when eating dinner. Should I be eating more legumes? More salads? Makes ya think.

1/23/2007 1:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home