Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Cordillera Blanca Gear Tests:
Mountain Hardwear Torch Jacket

Mountain Hardwear Torch JacketAfter a season of ice climbing in the Mountain Hardwear Torch Jacket, I was so confident in its performance that I brought no other shells to Peru. It breathes well when I’m breaking trail, and the long pitzips give me a little extra ventilation when needed. The pockets are high enough that they’re accessible with a harness on, and they’re plenty big.

My only complaint is with the hood, which barely fits over a climbing helmet and doesn’t provide enough face protection in really nasty weather. Make sure you have a balaclava with you if you're expecting any strong winds.

Why buy the Mountain Hardware Torch Jacket?
  • Breathes very well
  • Highly water resistant
  • Harness compatable
  • Weighs only 17oz (much lighter than most softshells)

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home