Monday, November 10, 2008

Get into the Backcountry!

Blogger after blogger on this site shows you the craziest adventures in the coolest places around, myself included. But is it time to actually get out and do these things yourself? One of the reasons I post here is to inspire more folks to get out and enjoy these amazing persuits; I mean if we all did these things this world would be a way better place!
Getting the Goods at VMT! Tommy Chandler Photo

So, has anyone out there been intimidated by learning how to get into the backcountry? For me when I started, it was one of the scariest things I could imagine. Avalanches, gear, weather...it all adds up to be a lot to think about. So if you are really wanting to get into backcountry skiing, I am running some week long trips at Valhalla Mountain Touring in British Columbia. January 4 to 11 and March 8 to 15, $1700 Canadian/person gets you lodging, meals and guiding and instruction from an IFMGA Mountain Guide in one of the most amazing ski touring locations in the world. Fresh tracks every run, gourmet meals, saunas at night...sounds like fun.

Backcountry Bliss. Tommy Chandler Photo

So if you want to join us up at VMT to get into the backcountry, drop a line via www.vmt.ca or find me on my blog at evanstevens.blogspot.com. I'll help you get into the backcountry from start to finish so you can find your own untracked lines!

See you in the backcountry!

Labels: ,

1 comments

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody likes some "armchair mountaineering" between their trips.;)
But nothings better then the real work!

11/10/2008 7:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home