Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Portillo part 2









So the contest is coming to an end and Soon I will be heading home. As all trips go by to fast , so has this one. The snow has treated us well and the last part of the week has been good pow. A talented photographer named Jordan Manley won the slide show that we put on for the guests of the Hotel, but I have to say that there were some amazing photographs that came out of the contest. I wish I could show you guys some of the work, but its not my place to show those images right now. You will have to wait until February to see the winning shots in Skiing Magazine. Lets just say that I was humbled to be with all these guys. Jason west and I  decided to go out and shoot more photos on Saturday even though the contest was over. I just can't get over the magnitude of the mountains here. We found some great snow and some steep lines to ski. To bad we didn't get to shoot those during the contest. Here are a few shots from This weekend. 
Here is Jason on one of the steeper lines we skied





I also wanted to get some photos of me on this trip and We had spent most of out time taking photos for the contest. Saturday was perfect for this. Here are a few that Jason took.



Here is Jason booting up for one of the many hills we worked over the contest.

This trip for me Has been over the top. Not just for the skiing, cool people, or the food, but to see something out side my bubble. I love to travel and the more I see of this world the more insignificant I feel. I feel so lucky to have visited Chile and its people. South America is a special place and I can't wait to go back. Many of us have so much and need to be aware of that. Skiing and photography have blessed my life and have allowed me to go places that i might have never seen. 

2 comments

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob Story said...

Ohhhh man winter cannot come soon enough...fantastic shots, cant wait to see the stuff in Skiing mag come February.

9/03/2008 8:39 AM

 
Blogger particle said...

Killer Steve! Can't wait to see the Skiing issue.

9/03/2008 9:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home