Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Steep and Cheap Ski Day Theme Alert

Just got the word from the guys and gals running SAC (steepandcheap.com) that they are launching a Bell-to-Bell ski theme day on Wednesday, February 27. They don’t usually announce sport-specific themes, so this outta be good.

In the line up of items for tomorrow is one of my most recent gear purchases - the Westcomb Mirage Jacket made with eVent fabric. I posted a review of the Mirage jacket but in lieu of tomorrow's appearance on SAC they've pulled the page. Here was my review:
I've owned hard shells from most of the other major brands but sought out a shell that was made from eVent and I'm so happy I did. This shell is a solid performer. I wore it while skinning nearly 6000 vertical and then while skiing back down and it was dry inside despite sweating. The cut is perfect for backcountry skiing, ice climbing, etc. No frills, just a solid look at feel. The description says a sleeve pocket but not on this model. The hood covered my helmet when the wind kicked up bigtime. Dry, warm, and it breathes - it's perfect!
Aside from the jacket I know there are some climbing skins from G3, some Legend Pro Plus XXL Alpine Ski, the K2 Phat Luv Women's ski and a butch of other stuff you'll be bummed out on if you miss it.

It's not too late to get a desktop alert tool for SAC.

Labels:

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home