Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Mother Nature and Northwest Skiers

I recieved an e-mail from a ski buddy, Nathan Hammond, who is one of a small handful of people I know that feels the same way about skiing as I do. In his e-mail were some photos from Mt. Hood, showing what the White River has done to Highway 35 after the area receieved double digit rainfall in a matter of a few days.

It just so happens that Highway 35 is the main route for Portland, Oregon skiers to access Mount Hood Meadows, Mt. Hood's largest ski area. I figured like a majority of Portland area skiers that he would be livid about the situation, knowing that Meadows is not accessable and may not be for a while.

His response was classic Nate.
Things like this are part of what I love about, skiing, surfing, etc. I get giddy when I manage to steal a few brief moments from what Mother Nature controls, but it is much more impressive so see how little she cares if we are in her way.
Spot on. Dave's Blog - the president of Mount Hood Meadows, was recently updated with some details about what is happening to get the road opened. So far 209 people have chimed in, most of them with positive comments. Check it out.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home