Monday, September 18, 2006

And Then There Was Silence

This past Friday evening found me up late typing away on the computer. The weather outside was windy and raining pretty hard. Amidst a pretty good surfing session the pitter patter of the rain against the window of my office tapered off to an eerie silence. It must have been around midnight, perhaps later.

At first I figured that the rain had stopped altogether but after a while I was almost startled by the silence. Peaking up from the computer I looked out the blinds to see my entire front yard white with winter snow - and it was coming down hard.

Wind pushed flakes around in a wild dance of snow flurries. Stoked to see the first snows I grabbed my camera and went outside to celebrate.


First Snow in Utah - Kendall Card enjoys the weatherInternational language for "Hell yea! I'm stoked for winter"

By morning the roads were covered with nearly 3" as storms throughout the day would drop another 2" of snow. Although the sun is out today and most of the snow melted the cold bite in the air and the white mountain tops signal winter will be here soon.

3 comments

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*So* jealous!!! Where is this? Can I move there!?!?!

9/20/2006 2:11 AM

 
Blogger powstash said...

Kamas, Utah. It's near Park City. We are supposed to get more snow tonight. It feels like early November right now. Wierd weather we are having.

9/21/2006 10:29 AM

 
Blogger kungfujedi said...

Awesome! So much for Global Warming! :) Still sunny and 90 degrees here in Austin, TX.

9/21/2006 2:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home