Thursday, April 13, 2006

In between seasons - skiing or rockclimbing?

Once again the big dilemma for those of us that are addicted to all things snow - Do I keep skiing and peak bagging in the Wasatch or do I hang up the sticks and pull down the mountain bike or throw piles of climbing gear into the trunk and head south for some Indian Creek splitter paradise. Decisions!

Last week I was skiing steep chutes on Mount Olympus near Salt Lake City and it felt like winter was going to keep on keeping on. Just yesterday morning before work I was skiing wind buff pow in a storm that felt like mid winter and now it's 70 degrees outside. Then this lands in my inbox - a photo from our friend Tree while he's climbing Red Rocks in Nevada.

I just picked up some new Salomon XA Pro 3D trail running shoes that I'm itching to use and the trails seem to be drying out in a few south facing locations. I guess it will be trail running today, possibly a little climbing tomorrow and then skiing again on Monday as another spring storm is predicted. Is there a better place to live in the spring time than in Utah? I think not.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home