Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sean Busby Rides Antarctica

A few of the Backcountry.com team athletes and blog contributors recently headed to Antarctica for a ski and snowboard expedition. Unfortunately, many of them never made it - the cruise ship from Argentina broke down and the original trip was canceled. However, a few hardcores persevered and found another boat to make the trip happen.














Sean Busby on his trip and travails, and bagging some turns in Patagonia while waiting for the boat:

November 7, 2008
"It’s go time folks! I have to keep this email quick as the luggage is being loaded onto the boat this morning and need to get going. I am suited up in my snowboard gear and am going to make one more trip into the surrounding Patagonia range for the day. Our new ship, the Akademik Sergey Vavilov, is supposed to leave dock at 4:30 P.M. I am stoked! I can't wait to get down there and see my riding objectives and complete this expedition. Thanks again to Padre Foundation, Radio Lollipop, and all the kids at Children's Hospital Orange County for hosting a wonderful live feed last night. I will talk to all when I return!"
















November 17, 2008
"I am back in Argentina and heading home now. I will go into detail with everything when I get some time to decompress. The emotions of this expedition are finally hitting me and I keep getting overwhelmed and can't help but shed tears. This is a dream come true and I can't wait to share the experience with you all. Thank you for all the support and enjoy this preview!"






Check back soon for Sean's rundown of his epic trip.

2 comments

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for heads up on this! I thought everyone was turned away. can't wait to see their TR!

11/19/2008 1:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool dude, I can't wait for the trip report!

11/20/2008 7:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home