Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hot Tubbing at High Altitude

Gotta love the Euros. Regardless of how much they make you shake your head in disbelief you can't help but admire their audacity and how they push the edge of anything.

Take hot tubbing for example. It's a "sport" of sorts and though usually undertaken in the privacy of your back yard or a hotel in say Chamonix for example, that is simply too easy for our Euro friends. There must be a way to make it more...what is the word...le Extreme!?! And while you're at it, why not involve a pile of your closest friends and head to the top of Europe. After all, hot tubbing is best when shared...or so they say.

Enter the Jaccuzzi Events and Mont Blanc.

Check out the complete story with more photos at Jaccuzzi.ch

----------------

Caption Contest - I'll ship a Backcountry.com Beanie of your choice to the person who can come up with the best caption for the guy in the background - the mountaineer who looks like he's leaving the "party" discouraged. Good luck!


Labels: ,

14 comments

14 Comments:

Blogger Spencer the Bomb Diggity said...

I just climbed Everest, like hell I am dipping in my SPANTIK's in that cheap ass tub!

1/15/2008 10:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Shrinkage is temporary, glory is forever"

1/16/2008 7:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Mountain of Space and They're All Packed Like Sardines

1/16/2008 9:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I didn't notice you wanted one for the guy in the background....in that case:

"Hey guys, I forgot my swimsuit at the bottom, don't start marco polo without me!"

1/16/2008 2:16 PM

 
Blogger Aaron said...

John left happy knowing that the climbers would now consider themselves as in a hot tub upon a hill.

1/16/2008 4:34 PM

 
Blogger Adam Buchanan said...

Punk kids making me feel old! I just can't get away from them, MAKE IT STOP!!!!

1/17/2008 8:34 AM

 
Blogger fixiewrek said...

"Bah, sausagefest"

1/17/2008 5:12 PM

 
Blogger flahute said...

"I can't believe they stopped 100 metres from the summit, just to take a bath!"

1/17/2008 6:36 PM

 
Blogger Eric Miller said...

"Idiots don't realize Mont Blanc is actually over here..."

1/18/2008 2:52 PM

 
Blogger Average Ability said...

Where the crowd saw a mountain top soak, Pierre saw a social disease incubator and quickly moved on.

1/21/2008 5:04 AM

 
Blogger powstash said...

Some great comments all. Any more? I'm going to announce the winner tomorrow morning so any new captions need to be in before midnight (MST) tonight.

I'm fond of the 2nd comment by Rob Story - "Hey guys...."

1/23/2008 11:05 AM

 
Blogger Spencer the Bomb Diggity said...

Man I hate being the maintanance guy for these tubs. I am NOT filling that thing up again.

1/23/2008 5:14 PM

 
Blogger Spencer the Bomb Diggity said...

Chlorine level - 3.0
PH - 7.4
BAC - .16 on average
WUC - 25%
(Thats Water to Urine Content)
Items found in the skimmer later - Two condoms, Hairball, 3 Band-aids, and a live turtle.

1/23/2008 5:19 PM

 
Blogger powstash said...

And the winner is....

There are actually 2 winners. From a field of judges there was no clear single winner so I'm giving beanies to the top 2 finishers. Yea, I'm a pushover and it's been fun to read the comments.

Winner #1 - "Bah, Sausagefest" from fixiewrek

Winner #2 - "Hey guys, I forgot my swimsuit at the bottom, don't start marco polo without me!" from Rob Story

The winners need to drop me an e-mail - kcard AT backcountry DOT com with their beanie choice (look on backcountry.com for the backcountry.com beanies) and shipping info.

Stay tuned for our next contest and thanks to those that participated.

1/24/2008 8:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home