Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Barry Corbet Day in Jackson

I suppose if you've ever had a tick list of couloirs and steeps that you must ski before you hang up the sticks for good, Corbet’s Couloir at Jackson Hole has to be one of those lines. I had the chance 3 years ago to launch myself into Corbet’s with waist deep powder waiting to "break" my fall. Mission accomplished; scratch one more off the list.


Little did I know of the history of Corbets name sake, Barry Corbet, or the amazing life he led. With his recent passing, Jackson Wyoming has named March 24 "Barry Corbet Day". A three-day film festival to honor this great American climbing and skiing legend will commence the same day. Proceeds raised will be donated to the Alex Lowe Foundation.

The Full Story

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home