Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Powder's new Sr. Editor says See Ya Steamboat

Matt Hansen takes leave of Paddler and joins his buddy and new editor Tom Bie at Powder Magazine:
-----------
Dear Friends,

Ever since high school I've been cursed with an insatiable lust to live the life portrayed on the TV show 90210. Brenda, Dylan and the rest haunt me with their smugness and carefree convertible-sportscar lifestyles. So I'm moving to Orange County in just two weeks. This has been tough to admit, but I wanted all of you to know...

Well, not really. I am moving to Southern Cal but not for those reasons. I got an editorial job with Powder magazine, located in Dana Point, halfway between LA and San Diego. I'll be living in San Clemente, a cool surfer town just minutes from the well-known beach of San Onofre. I think the irony speaks for itself. But I'm pretty psyched for this great opportunity. Maybe I'm just being taught a lesson for all those times I used to bitch about Californians clogging the Snowbird tram line.

Of course, I'd love to hear of any contacts anybody has in that area. And I'm currently looking for people who want to acquire sweaters, flannels, fleece and an assortment of down-filled products. Trades with flip flops, beach towels and surfboards strongly considered. Please forward this message to anyone I may have missed.

I hope all of you are happy.

Give some love to your mountains and rivers for me.

Matt

1 comments

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt is Powder's new Managing Editor. Derek Taylor is still the Senior Ed.

10/08/2004 11:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home