Monday, March 12, 2007

First Chair or Last Chair?

Which would you prefer? First chair or last? Most of us would prefer first chair. I can recall my many "first chair" experiences with ease but try as I may I only have a few last chair experiences.

I have a few experiences that have been after last chair at The Canyons, when an afternoon backcountry ski tour has extended into the early evening and upon returning through the ski area to the base of the mountain I've found myself alone in a landscape that rarely knows alone. I think in those few times I've felt more at home on the mountain than when racing for first chair and first tracks.

Here's a perspective on catching the Last Chair I found a while back. Perhaps your spring skiing experience may be a bit different this year if you shoot for last chair.

Labels:

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home